(This is two weeks of updates.)
The party headed north to Llaedry, the capital city of Oleand, with the ladies of the ex-Silver Unicorn. While travelling with the group and stopping in small towns, the party learned some information:
- Castle Kanlos is built on an artificial island in the center of the river, with bridges to the east and west.
- The western side of the city was destroyed 10 years ago by a Tharn invasion. The Tharn were unable to take the castle, so they sacked the town instead. It has since been rebuilt. The east side is is considered more upscale, because of this.
- King Liam died 6 years ago. King Raglos is the new king, but he is in Old Vikram fighting the Tharn. The Lord of the North is running Llaedry at this time.
- The capital city has a curfew, set up by the Lord of the North, due to a murderer. Only those who have legitimate business may be allowed to walk around town in the evening.
Other notable areas of town:
- The Golden Goblet – This is a tavern set up for travelling merchants. Often a place where mercenaries can find work. Also where Thenn told the party that they could find Mazzy Fentan for a reward.
- The Tanner’s Table – The other major tavern in town. This is where Finn was told to find Nixx in a letter by his Uncle Atticus.
- Craftworks – A place where gnomes and dwarves work and trade.
- Cathedral of Pelor – An impressive temple made largely of glass.
- There are also temples for all common dieties in the capitol.
The party arrives in Llaedry. Jenna and Finn went to meet Sander of the Houndstooth Inn. Jenna is able to secure lodging for the travelling group at the Houndstooth. She also informs the group that there is a serial killer at large (called the Rael Ravisher), who has killed 4 women on the west side of town. The party is asked to check with the Captain of the Guard to get more details. Finn helps the refugees move into their new home.
The party goes to the elf area of town, called Treehome. Treehome has a large tree in the center of the area, which is now dead. It has also been defaced with symbols of Erythnul. The group learns that there are temples to both Corellon Larethon and Erythnul.
The party stays the night at the Houndstooth deciding on the following:
1. Get paid by Mazzy Fentan at the Golden Goblet
2. Meet Nixx at the Tanner’s Table
3. Gather information about the serial killer, the Rael Ravisher.
4. Wesley to find information about his sister.
After the first night, the group went to the Golden Goblet to meet Mazzy for rescuing Thenn. They inquire about Mazzy Fentan and are introduced to an armored halfling in full plate, with her dog Siegfried. She hangs out with several different mercenary groups, of particular note is the Flaming Fist group. Crugold notices that the knights aren’t thrilled about hearing about Thenn. Mazzy tells the group privately that Thenn isn’t exactly liked in these parts.
Mazzy offers the group a job. Her last crew died on this job, but a town to the east has giant problems. A Flaming Fist mercenary named Helman also offers Finn work, if he wants it. Mazzy also has information about Nixx. He is a pixie who used to work at the Tanner’s Table, he’s a bit of a drunk apparently.
Wesley asks Mazzy about a military caravan where an elf might have come into town, he decides to go to Treehome. At Treehome, he learns that the Captain of the Guard is an elf.
The party learned about two major publications in Llaedry:
- The Crown Crier – The ‘official’ word in Llaedry.
- The Street Hawk – ‘Un-official’ word in Llaedry, sometimes facts aren’t verified.
Gibley went to get information from the Street Hawk. He was given a scroll by some important-looking gnome and told to post the scroll. Gibley went to a bridge and stood on a soapbox, taking on the job of Town Crier. New news of a 5th victim, strangled in her own home, has been announced. The killer has a new name, ‘The Curfew Cutter’. While Gibley is doing announcements, he is given a slip of paper by a lady. In the slip of paper, there is a symbol of a pedestal with the book on top. Gibley gets a free ride from a river ferry person, who doesn’t elaborate on that the symbol is. He meets a barkeep, who makes conversation with him. Gibley thinks that the bar mirror is a 2-way mirror.
Sorsha goes to the Temple of Erythnul, looking to relieve herself and defile the area.